If you’re remodeling your home, you may find yourself in need of concrete cutting services. There are several reasons you might want professional concrete cutters, including:
- Cutting expansion joints into concrete to prevent cracking.
- Cutting concrete into smaller pieces for ease of removal.
- Opening up walls for new doors or windows.
- Drilling for installation of utility lines such as power cables or water pipes.
Whatever the reason you need to hire a professional concrete cutting company, the first question you’ll probably ask yourself is: how much does concrete cutting cost?
Every job is different
Every concrete cutting job is different and a professional concrete cutting company will carry out a site inspection before giving you a precise quote.
Pricing of concrete cutting services depends on your specific requirements and various other factors including:
- The type of machinery needed to do the job.
- The depth of the concrete cut.
- Whether the concrete is reinforced.
- Whether radar scanning is necessary to detect hidden problems.
- Ease of access of location.
- Available space to work in.
As a rough guide, you can expect to pay the following rates per metre.
- Concrete wall hand sawing – $5.00 (depth, 25 millimetres) to $26.20 (150mm).
- Concrete floor hand sawing – $60.00 (100mm) to $85.00 (200mm)
- Concrete core drilling – $1.45 (25mm) to $3.15 (150mm).
- Track-mounted concrete sawing per linear foot – from $37.00 (depth, 200mm).
You can also expect to pay a minimum callout fee of around $200.
Other factors to weigh up
While you can buy or hire a concrete cutting saw for smaller jobs, larger projects are best left to the experts.
When getting quotes for a concrete cutting job, it pays to bear in mind that price shouldn’t be the sole deciding factor in your choice of contractor.
Other factors are also important, such as
- Quality of workmanship.
- Attention to detail.